Beautiful and healthy skin is everyone’s dream. But the desire to have beautiful skin has its obstacles too. F actor environment bad can damage the health of the skin , of course in addition to natural factors, namely age. A healthy dermatologist states that beautiful and healthy skin goes hand in hand with proper and natural skin care habits every day.
The skin is the largest organ in the human body with an outermost layer called the epidermis. The epidermis plays an important role in protecting the skin from damaging factors outside the body. Behind the epidermis there is a layer of dermis which is also known as the middle layer of skin.
In the epidermal tissue itself, there are three supporting cells, including:
- Keratinocyte cells, producing keratin protein, become a major part of the epidermis.
- Melanocyte cells, producing skin pigment or called melanin.
- Langerhans cells, prevent foreign objects from entering the skin.
Whereas in the dermis layer, there are collagen and elastin proteins that give structure and help skin elasticity so that it looks healthy.
The skin regenerates every 27 days. Even so, throughout human life, the condition of the skin will constantly change for the better or worse depending on various factors. Therefore, it is very important to maintain the health and vitality of this protective organ by carrying out regular skin care.
Causes of Skin Damage
Apart from increasing age, environmental factors also influence skin changes, especially its impact on the natural process of skin aging. This healthy dermatologist also said that sunlight is the main cause of skin damage due to the presence of ultraviolet rays and free radicals. Excessive exposure to ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun is basically damaging as it damages collagen and elastin. Elastin is a protein in the skin tissue that makes it feel soft and looks supple.
UV rays also affect the skin pigmentation process. In this case, the negative effects of UV rays can trigger the appearance of wrinkles, brown spots, and even the risk of skin cancer. Not to mention, the high level of free radicals also plays a role in the growth of skin cancer. On the other hand, smoking and air pollution can reduce collagen and lead to premature skin aging, as can the effects of the sun’s UV rays.
Dermatologists also claim that there are other environmental factors that can cause skin damage, such as exposure to chemicals that cause skin irritation and allergies. There are more than 3,000 allergens and irritants scattered around us. This is especially true for people with sensitive skin. As a result, the skin turns red. The easiest way to protect the skin is to avoid contact with these allergens, for example by wearing body armor and changing care products that do not irritate the skin.
Healthy Skin Care s ecara Alami
Natural healthy skin care can be done by eating fruits and vegetables that contain antioxidants, such as berries, broccoli, carrots, and spinach. In addition, products with antioxidants such as vitamin C and vitamin E are also good for maintaining healthy skin.
Furthermore, in order to avoid skin damage due to adverse environmental factors, it is necessary to make skin care efforts with skin care products that also support staying healthy and glowing. Some things that need to be considered in doing regular skin care are:
- Routinely clean your face, at least twice a day. Make sure to remove makeup at night before going to bed. Use a gentle cleanser that does not contain detergents and fragrances. Also prioritize facial cleansers with natural ingredients.
- Use a moisturizing product. Not only for dry skin owners , but use this product for those of you with oily skin as well.
- Always wear sunscreen every day, even though you don’t often do activities outside the room. In fact, this is the most important treatment step for protecting the skin. Choose a sunscreen that contains natural ingredients and contains an SPF of at least 15 or 30 to protect your skin from UV A and UV B rays.
- Eat a healthy diet and avoid prolonged stress.
For more effective protection, choose a lotion product that suits your skin type. For example, to treat oily skin, use skin care products that are specifically aimed at reducing oil levels in the skin to avoid acne problems. However, no matter what type of skin we are, healthy dermatologists claim that beautiful and glowing skin is the result of healthy habits and natural and simple skin care.